Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2014

The game of queens

Since I've seen all the bad harassment woman got in the gaming industry, i thought to myself, well. Thats really, really bad. The dismantling of the partiarchy seems to be a really hard thing to do, so I thought I'd do my part and be a culture critique on my own.

One of my literal life passions is discussing gender politics in my university, as well as with friends, and like, everyone. No one is spared! Ha ha.

Ha.


So, back to the culture critique thing. Anita Sarkeesian has made a terribly good job at dismantling all the sexism in almost all the games, as we know of today. We always knew that basement-dwelling nerds were misogynysts, but to see this endemic on this socially accepted level is truly shocking.

Its so brave of her to stand up to her points, and face all those harassers and nerds. She's truly a heroine.


Since my great intellectual idol, Sarkeesian, has already taken video games, I'll have to resort to other kinds of games to find and examine sexism in it. Such as:

  • Boardgames
This may come as a surprise to you, but most boardgames are deeply sexist. Needless to say, as many young children play board games, it has some kind of educational value to them. You could say, they get indoctrinated by the patriarchy in a very early age. This raises more patriarchs and opressed classes, such as: woman. Further analysis will be coming in the upcoming time
  • Cardgames
There are sexist Cardgames, too. In this category, it more like an artform than the actual gameplay itself, but non the less, I'll be examining that, too!
  • Party games
Do I have to say more?


Stay tuned!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen