Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015

Diary 2 -- the trigger meets #gamergate

Diary of a victim of rape culture 
Vol. 2 - the meeting pt.1


Another Day, another triggered feminist. 

And #GamerGate


So, I have to tell you something, about our secret meetings. Yes, there are secret meetings in our feminist circles, but I'll tell you about it. It's nothing special, really. We just sit around and talk. When I think of it, we always sit around and talk. And drink various kinds of tea and/or coffee.


You could say we are some kind of feminist tea party. It's a Trigger awareness tea party, this evening. Well, I'll introduce the participants of this evening for you.


Strong male feminist, and a P.O.C.-Man, too.
First and foremost, there is me. I am just your run-of-the-mill feminist. I am attracted to men(Fixation of pater-complex, I know). Nothing special besides that. You should know me by now, if not, just read my other posts! Then, we have Caren, she is an polyamarous bisexual hetero-non-normative humankin who is into otherkins, (heterosexual bi-normative omniamarous, H.o.b.o.,) and an actual hobo, Our meeting circles demand to get at least 1 underpriviledged class member into our society, and this time it's just someone who begged for money outside on the streets. We told him "Hey, you wanna have a nice evening?" And he just came along, smiling and irritated as we helped him to get to where our meeting was. He sat in our circle like everyone else, mildly irritated.




Another one I should mention is is our Chinese friend, but he's just a friendly feminist guy. His last name is Man, and he is a P.O.C., so he is a Poc man. He's always annoyed if we call hin Pocman, but we haven't figured out why, yet. Problably because his fear of abbreviations, but who knows. He eats to cope with his fears.

When we are talking about fears, I should tell you about the other members with PTSD. I, for one, don't have any triggers that need care or something. But we have one woman, Chelsea, who is triggered by long akward silences, and another woman, Tina, and this is very tragic, which is triggered by seeing people who are getting triggered.

But the worst of them all is maybe Trish. Because of a very dire twitter exchange, where she was harassed by opposing opinions, she gets triggered by very long words. We don't talk about her hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (fear for long words) fear anymore, but simply try to to not talk about it in length.

Anyways. I started our meeting by talking about #gamergate. I said, what do you ladies think about that? I looked around, and I seemed to have struck a nerve. Almost everyone had the same, blank gaze on their faces, a lifeless expression of renewed experience of past horrors of getting called names. Of bullying. Of opening doors unasked for a female, of daring to ask if someone may carry our groceries on the way home! We all have experienced this, what is very sad.

We are feminists, not some brittle little girls know break that easily!

As I was looking around, I noticed that little time has passed and we were dangerously close to an akward silence. I quickly said "elephant's trunk", but Elly was triggered by that. I forgot to mention, that Elly is triggered by words that resemble a penis long phallic shaped object, She cried and squaled because of the cacophony of horrors and dread that I unleashed upon her, This triggered Tina, because she saw that I triggered Elly.


What a shame, that I, I mean, just I didn't think of that! In our weekly meetings, inside our trigger warning awareness group, I was the most vocal. I feel ashamed to have offended her, and I had to, as our rules stated, go into the corner of shame for 3 minutes (Any more would be oppressive).


When I was coming back, everyone looked at me, and didn't say anything. As I sat down, Chelsea was triggered, and Tina was triggered by that. Another woman looked at me, and told me "You're a dick", and thus Elly was triggered again, but not vocal this time. She was now just staring without any expression on her face to the ground. Tina was twitching silently. "Look what you have done, you have triggered her. I guess that's just normal for you H.O.B.O. people!"


"I didn't done anything man", the actual hobo said, irritated. "I didn't mean you. I meant Caren, who is a TERF-H.O.B.O. Feminist who works for WAM and other feminist NGO's!" As I was done talking, Mr. Man had to stand up and go to the buffet, to start his compulsory eating, to cope with all the abbreviations taking place in his vincinity.

"Can we please start now with talking about #gamergate?"

Our P.O.C. Man was mumbling whilst eating "I don't even like videogames"


Because this is all a bit much for me, and standing in the corner of shame for like 3 minutes kinda effected me a bit, I'll be splitting the meeting up in 2 parts. 


Stay tuned for part 2 !

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen